Saturday 9 June 2012

The Start or a New Dawn...

This will be my first post for 2012 , and will become my primary address for posting my thoughts and daily trials as I move forward and backwards on my art journey as well as my thoughts on life,s little trials and tribulations. If this is your first visit to my site or art related pages, thankyou for taking the time to follow my brush and chisel as I explore my passion for creating art.

I started recently returning to my seascape and marine themed works after an electric shock via a visitor from some years past...even virtual stimulation can affect us in the technological world we have now created, and so like a gentle reminder of what was...I was suddenly awakened into the Friedrich syndrome of man pensive against the elements of nature and the ultimate vulnerability of oneself when dragged back to dark thoughts of a lost cause. So thus my journey began again , painting scenes that I hadn't explored  for some time...

On the sculpture front I continue to carve in wood and explore the transition between found objects and reworked process in terms of a final solution. Themes have been generally figurative. I have worked in a number of mediums of late , stone , metal and wood, and include some pictures of my new work. On the design front I am preparing a new studio in my garden which will be bigger and more efficient in terms of what I need to develop some of my bigger projects between now and year end. I am working towards a large exhibition in Wynyard in 2013 , with a variety of work in both 2d and 3d format. My site investmentart.webs.com hosts all my new work in both 2d and 3d format.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.