Sunday 10 June 2012

New Work..Sculpture 2012.

As promised my new piece 99% complete today...Last seal and polish and managed to get piece into the garden for a few pictures before the rain came down....then back into the studio again until I can get it into the house. The work was a large piece of Oak , washed up at Seaton Carew, and it took some hours to carry it back to the car some 6 miles away....from then on its been some months to complete as I had to take away all the old wood to reveal the form and break through the feet area to create the negative space and arch. that alone was over a feet in depth to get through. Used an Arbor Tech to help , but it was hard as stone and very unforgiving wood.I"ve added a few pictures below of the new work.
The work will go on sale at 600 pounds. I'm thinking of changing the base from stone to wood in the next few weeks, as I think this would suit the composition more.
And finally a head and scale shot.
Skywards...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.