Wednesday 13 November 2013

Thoughts and things...Time will tell......

I have worked on floral designs and depictions this week, one more sale has been encouraging too. I can see the benefit of having online art for sale in a virtual gallery and real time work in a gallery for live viewing. January will see my work placed in another gallery in the North East, so two live galleries should help my sales further.I have created a range of work now , with prices to suit all budgets. I have noticed that keep work at £50 and lower , works move, so have created work for that market too. Means a little mass production and speed work, but that is a far better option than returning to teaching.....
Still reflecting a lot on the past 4 years , all the good times, all the bad , achievements and recognition....kind of puts things into perspective....I still marvel how one persons actions can set off a change of events that become magnanimous in outcome.....so much has changed in four years....I also realise how easy it is too be consumed by the wants of others in a role , merely for the sake of power play....and being dependant on a monthly wage...it is so sad that we as human beings set so much against the monthly wage....and compromise ourselves and our values just for security...sad but so true..being alone now in my own world...I marvel at how much I can do in a day art wise, without trying to just fit it in between marking and planning....or working during a holiday...at least full time now I can work in 8-9 hour runs of work without interruption.

I am certainly grateful for the time I have had to date working on building my portfolio and developing my art sales into a proper business model that actually pays all the bills...as someone once said to me...time will tell !!! I guess time has allowed me to move forwards, thankyou my dear friend !!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.