Monday 15 June 2015

Reflections

Its been many months since I wrote a long progress report on the journey.....sales have been consistent on a monthly basis, but still not at life changing prices to dispense all other income flows.....time is my biggest enemy, as I'm constantly trying to juggle projects, and commitments to find a balance between art and life..weekends and short breaks are when I can create the most , with longer periods of time per project , available...online selling is back at the fore as the better value for money advertising and sales platform....my gallery pieces sell, but at lower prices less commission and less exposure overall....I have kept my online art apart and independent of the gallery art for ease of replacing and the price differences and scale of works are smaller at the gallery due to space and price and different market....

I am still convinced that without a large gallery behind one , one could paint a life time and pass into obscurity......its those breaks that one needs to crack the nod and have the door opened....sales keep the creative juices flowing as its a form of appreciation to one's work....but unless the price makes it a wow moment.....it just becomes a labour of love...literally......and is soon forgotten...

I keep juggling and I keep painting ...always in the hope of something great happening , believing someone will open that door.....?
thanks for reading...
Pierre

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.